Reblogged from Mashable: From an innovative 23-year-old Vine creator to a “digital detox” summer camp for adults, here’s a roundup of the latest digital tricks, tips, and other news of note. – S.S.
By Elisha Hartwig
- Meet Vine’s Most Creative Stop-Motion Animator
Khoa’s colorful stop-motion videos on Vine have boomed in popularity. Here’s how he creates those six seconds of imagination.
- Dicycles: The Scooter Gets a Hip Upgrade
Bicycles aren’t the only sustainable way to move around your city. These electric dicycles are improving urban commutes around the world.
- This Is What Happens When You Block Someone on Facebook
While Facebook offers a wonderful way to keep in touch with friends and family, as with any social network, there is potential for contact from people you’d rather avoid.
- Score the Best Flight Deals on These 10 Sites
For whatever your airfare needs, there is a growing corral of consumer portals for searching available flights and getting deals.
- How a Mentor Can Accelerate Your Career
Having a mentor can alleviate a lot of the stress of being a young professional. Read on to learn about the benefits of mentorship, and how to find one.
- Build a Digital Family Tree With These 5 Tools
Here are our five favorite tools for building an online scrapbook, and they’re all free.
- 47 Top Typography Tools and Resources
To help you improve and learn more about typography, we compiled 47 useful tools and resources, from fundamentals to modular scales to informative blogs.
- Locked Out of Facebook? Now Your Friends Can Help
It’s common to give spare house keys to trusted friends, but would you take the same approach when it comes to Facebook log-in information?
- 5 Places to Look for Your Digital Footprint
Shrinking your digital footprint requires a lot of diligence. To get started, it helps to know which companies are hoarding your data and how long they intend to hold onto it.
- Coding Is the Must-Have Job Skill of the Future
Fast forward to 2020. What job skill must you have? Coding.
- No Technology Allowed at ‘Digital Detox’ Summer Camp for Grown-Ups
At Camp Grounded in California, adult campers must disconnect from technology for four days, giving them a chance to be a kid again at summer camp.
- Need a Tan? 8 Apps to Faux Your Glow
Get your Jersey on with these tan-enhancing apps — no sun necessary.
- When Did the ‘Second Screen’ Become a Thing?
The concept of second screen is simple: When watching content on one device (typically a TV), contextual information can be displayed on a companion device.
- Adobe Reveals Cloud-Based Lightroom-Style iPad App
Adobe offers a sneak peek of an iPad app that has many of the capabilities of Lightroom, the company’s professional photo editor.
- Skydog Lets You Remotely Monitor Your Kids’ Internet and Facebook Use
For parents who are looking for better control of their home network and want to monitor Internet usage in the family, the Skydog router is a new option.
Screen shot courtesy of The Grid, Kelby Media Group